While BC is starting to relax some restrictions around COVID-19, residents need to understand that we are not back to normal. COVID-19 is still a real threat to everyone – social distancing, self isolation, and many other restrictions currently in place or amended over the next many months will be with us for some time.
Community gyms and many private gyms are still closed and are currently not projected to be open until Phase 3, by order of Dr. Bonnie Henry. Based on details from the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafeBC, there are many conditions that would need to be met if The Taylor’s gym were to be open, including but not limited to social distancing requirements, a full-time gym attendant would have to be hired to monitor and sanitize the equipment / facilities. At this time, the expense(s) are not feasible and / or currently within the operating budget.
The Council is continuing to monitor the situation and is hopeful that the gym will be able to be reopened at some point under strict use and cleaning polices. Until further notice, the gym remains closed.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
THE WYNFORD GROUP
Managing Agents for
BCS 1559, The Taylor
Date: June 11, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 update recently announced, this is now an epidemic and large and small events should be re-considered.
Therefore, we wish to advise you for the health and safety of all Owners, the AGM scheduled for Thursday, April 2, 2020 has been postponed.
Council will be re-scheduling the Annual General Meeting, and once a date has been determined, a notice will be sent to notify all Owners of the new date.
Please remember to keep your AGM Notice as there will be no changes to the package.
Thank you for your cooperating and understanding in this matter.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR RESIDENTS
- Annual General Meeting has been postponed until further notice
- Due to lack of building and street traffic: a security guard will be on site patrolling and monitoring cameras during evening hours
- Do not allow people into the building via the intercom unless you are expecting them
- For suspicious activity, please call 9-1-1
- All non-essential building maintenance that requires access to units or water shutdown has been postponed
- Building Staff have been requested to sanitize all frequently used doors and elevator buttons (P1, P2, P3, and lobby/street) regularly during their shifts
- Staff cannot adequately sanitize doors or elevator call buttons on individual residential floors
- To reduce risk to our Building Manager, the office will be closed to face-to-face meetings
- If you need to speak with the Building Manager please use phone or e-mail
- Gym and Meeting Room (including the library) are closed until further notice
- Do not overcrowd the elevators
For frequent updates, please visit our Slack Team: https://thetaylor.ca/slack
Thank you for your cooperation, patience and understanding regarding this evolving situation.
A message from The Taylor Strata Council, BCS 1559
To reduce risk to our Building Manager, the office will be closed to face-to-face meetings.
If you need to speak with the Building Manager please phone or e-mail.
All non-essential building maintenance that requires access to units or water shutdown has been postponed.
☎ +1 (604) 681-1147
After Hours Emergencies
☎ +1 (604) 261-0285, Press 1.
Due to COVID-19 and the declared public health emergency in British Columbia: the gym and meeting room are now closed until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter.